- Personal data that users of our Services ("Customers") ask us to process ("Processor Data"), which will include any personal data that Customers provides to transcribe, caption, or otherwise process for them.
- Data, including personal data, that we process for our own business ("Controller Data").
Our collection, use, and disclosure of Processor Data:
We receive information from or on behalf of our Customers and their users. Because of the type of the Services we provide, this information may contain any type of personal data, including names, contact information, and other identifying information.
Subject to our contractual obligations with our Customers, and depending on the particular Services, we use and disclose Processor Data as follows:
- Providing Services: To provide, maintain, and improve the Services, including by analyzing the Services and addressing security and business continuity issues.
- Protecting Us and Others: To enforce the legal terms that govern the Services.
- Compliance with Laws: To comply with law, and where we deem disclosure appropriate to protect rights, safety and property (for example, for national security or law enforcement).
- Business Transfers: As part of an actual or contemplated business sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets or reorganization.
Our collection, use, and disclosure of Controller Data:
When you interact with us through the Site or the Services, or become a Customer, we may collect personal data and other information from you. As further described below, and depending on how you interact with us, we may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Name and email address;
- Internet or other network or device activity;
- Location information;
- Audio or visual information that you provide to us;
- Professional or employment related data;
- Legally protected classifications (such as gender and marital status if you disclose such information to us); and
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
Personal Data that You Provide Directly to Us: We collect personal data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for access to the Services (for example, your name and mailing address), use certain Services, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, or contract with us.
Automatically Collected Data: When you interact with our website through the Site or Services, we receive and store certain automatically collected information collected passively using various technologies. This Site may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers, and how our users use and interact with the Services. Also, in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, we often conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us.
In operating our Site, we may also use a technology called "cookies." A cookie is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Site gives to your browser when you access the Site. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site and help us analyze Site usage more accurately. You can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
Online Analytics: We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze the information discussed above, and to engage in auditing, research or reporting. The information (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies described in above may be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends, assisting with fraud prevention, providing certain features to you, and other purposes. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Your EU Rights and Choices:
We offer the options described below for exercising rights and choices under applicable law, which are subject to important limits or exceptions under applicable law.
- For Processor Data: To exercise rights or choices with respect to Processor Data, please make your request directly to the Customer for whom we process the personal data.
- For Controller Data:
- To keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct personal data in our possession that you have previously submitted via this Site or Services.
- The law of your jurisdiction (for example, within the European Economic Area) may give you additional rights to request access to and rectification or erasure of certain of your personal data we hold. In some cases, you may be entitled to receive a copy of the personal data you provided to us in portable form or to request that we transmit it to a third party. The law may also give you the right to request restrictions on the processing of your personal data, to object to processing of your personal data, or to withdraw consent for the processing of your personal data (which will not affect the legality of any processing that happened before your request takes effect). You may contact us as described below to make these requests.
- For example, residents of the European Economic Area and certain other jurisdictions may have a right to opt out of our processing of Controller Data for direct marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by contacting us as described below. Our marketing emails and certain other communications include unsubscribe instructions, which you can use to limit or stop the relevant communications. Opt-out processes may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law. Certain communications (such as certain billing-related communications or emergency service messages) are not subject to opt-out.
- You may contact us with any concern or complaint regarding our privacy practices, and you also may lodge a complaint with the relevant governmental authority.
Additional California Privacy Notice
This Additional California Privacy Notice applies solely to California residents. It applies to personal information we collect on or through the Services and through other means (such as information collected offline, in person, and over the telephone). It does not apply to personal information we collect from our employees and job applicants in their capacity as employees and job applicants. It also does not apply to personal information we collect from employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of businesses in the course of our provision or receipt of business-related services.
As described above, in the preceding twelve months, we or our service providers may have collected the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: (1) identifiers (such as name and email address); (2) commercial information (such as transaction data); (3) Internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history and log data); (4) location information (such as general location information inferred from an IP address); (5) financial data (such as credit card information); (6) sensory information (such as customer service recordings ); (7) professional or employment related data; (8) legally protected classifications (such as gender and marital status if you disclose such information to us); and (9) other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
We collect the categories of personal information identified above from the following sources: (1) directly from you; (2) through your use of the Services; and (3) third parties such as lead generation firms.
As further described above, we collect the categories of personal information identified above for the following business and commercial purposes: (1) to provide the Services; (2) to communicate with you regarding the Services or to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you; (3) to protect us and others, including enforcing the legal terms that govern the Services; (4) to comply with laws; (5) to facilitate any business transfers for an actual or contemplated sale involving our assets; and (6) as consistent with customer requirements.
California law may permit California residents to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any. You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information (such as information we collect about our employees or job applicants, or information we collect from employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of businesses in the course of our provision or receipt of business-related services) may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our support Team via Live chat or email. You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.